day 8

I restarted the mould and managed to do a perfect split.

The 6 meter  high model was a scaled down to 30 cm (scale of 1: 19.7)

First I made a new model, similar in appearance to that in day 7, then I placed it within a box, and you can see the two below just about to be split by a plane:

After the split, I lay the halves horizontally and contoured them. I then split them in planes parallel to the contours and arranged them. (Ella was really helpful in accomplishing this process):

(The first layout shows the surface milling that will be done on the shopbot, while the second set of profiles shows the profiling. I would use a 3/4 inch thick blockboard on the shopbot)

The fabrication and casting would be done on day 9.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s