I began working on the model and it’s mould, and this process lasted until day 8. I’ve included some of the screenshots of the model.
The model is composite: a cylinder, a hemisphere, and a revolved curve to form the surface.
- Model diameter: 1.5 meters
- Cylinder height: 5 meters
- Hemisphere diameter: 1.5 metres
- Pipe Diameter: 0.15 meters
- Total model height = 6 metres
- Total tank capacity: 5.3 cubic metres (5, 300 litres)
The protrusions are pipes, and one construction line can be seen:
I then generated a mould and split it, but then I kept having repetitive problems, because of misalignment (i.e. all objects should have been snapped to a common central axis, hence the cutting plane would have been perfectly aligned), which I discovered the following day. The misalignment prevented a sufficient surface capping and splitting.